Before we ring in the New Year, it’s time to make that list again. You know the list I’m talking about. The one that we create with good intentions, but seem to forget all about before February rolls around. I have a good feeling that I will be able to stick to my 2016 resolutions next year because I plan to enlist the help of all the staff and volunteers of Big Canoe. Let’s begin, shall we.
1) Lose weight. Not getting too specific here, but let’s just say I would like to feel healthier both physically and mentally. I plan to tackle this a few different ways. Next year I am joining the Fitness Center and may even push myself to hire a personal trainer. And as long as the weather is not too cold, I’m going to take advantage of the incredible trail/hiking system we have here in Big Canoe. Over 22 miles of trails? I’ve only explored a few of those so far…but not for long!
2) Be more social. Since moving to Big Canoe full time last year, I have been amazed at how many social clubs there are in the community. Last time I checked, I believe I counted over 50 different clubs and organizations. Now that I’m settled, I plan on becoming more engaged in some of the many activities that make Big Canoe so unique. I hear there is even a dinner club. There goes resolution #1.
3) Become a social media enthusiast. I have been noticing a lot of great images popping up on Instagram and Facebook from Big Canoe residents, as well as some incredible home decoratingideas and recipes on Pinterest. I want to contribute when I’m walking the trails or attending a holiday party by posting an image or two to show off the beauty of our community to all of my friends across the country. I’m so proud to live here, and I want to show that pride off!But I need a little help getting started. I heard (through social media) that Big Canoe is hosting a Social Media Seminar for residents beginning in early February. The first class of the series will be all about Instagram. I’m looking forward to learning more!
4) Give back. I plan on volunteering more of my time next year. There are so many worthy causes within the gates from the Fire Department to the Chapel. The Big Canoe Wellness Collaborative is also something I would love to help out with, and learn more about. I know that if I volunteer at Big Canoe Animal Rescue (BCAR), I will come home with a few more dogs…I hope my husband won’t mind!
5) Enjoy my family and friends more. I feel so fortunate to live in such a beautiful community like Big Canoe that I can’t wait to share it with everyone. As 2016 approaches, I am excited to plan some trips for my family to come visit us this spring. After all, spending time with family and friends truly makes our house a home.