We all know what to do with leftover turkey after Thanksgiving Day— sandwiches, soups, and pot pies are simple classics for using what’s left of the bird. But what about leftover stuffing? Our deceptively easy stuffed mushroom caps make the most of that delicious side. Enjoy this versatile recipe with any kind of stuffing, and serve with leftover cranberry sauce for dipping.
Stuffing-Stuffed Mushroom Caps
1 cup leftover stuffing
24 button mushroom caps
¼ cup grated parmesan
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 garlic clove, minced
1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
Cranberry sauce (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
2. In a bowl, mix stuffing, parmesan, olive oil, parsley, garlic, and nutmeg (if using) until well combined.
3. Using a small spoon, stuff mixture generously into each mushroom cap and place on cookie sheet, spaced apart without touching, stuffing side up.
4. Brush mushroom caps with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with more parmesan cheese.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is a golden brown and mushrooms are soft. Serve immediately with leftover cranberry sauce and enjoy!